Friday, April 13, 2012

Update!

Last weekend we were able to make some progress on the house, but not as much as we were hoping because  Sunday was Easter, which meant one less day to get things done (but one awesome day spent with our families!). We did get the first coat of paint on the kitchen, which is a citrus-y orange color. I am 100% in love with it but the paint is super thin and definitely needs (at least) one more coat. Nathan also cut down a bunch of the trees that were running into the driveway, and laid down our new tile floor in the bathroom, and grouted it (still needs sealed). We also painted the living room, and put a new lighting fixture in the bathroom and kitchen, and bought the new vanity for the bathroom... okay, I guess we made more progress than I thought :) We just didn't take as many pictures this time. I will be sure to take a bunch tomorrow and Sunday. Here are our photos from this weekend!

 new bathroom lighting fixture. From Martha Stewart Living, Seal Harbor Collection at Home Depot

 New floor before grouting. Tiles from Lowes!

 Getting it done! So glad he's willing to paint around the ceiling, I HATE doing it

 Passed out :)

 This is where the fuel for all this work is coming from!

new bathroom vanity, ready to go in as soon as the floor is sealed. Also, you can see the living room color!

So that's where we are right now! Tomorrow night (Nathan works until 4, I work until 8, wahhh) and most of the day Sunday we will be finishing the bathroom and kitchen up! After that, we're ready to move in and start even more work :)

No comments:

Post a Comment